Quiet day today!
Last night I had a weird dream about going home, so this morning I was kind of in a strange mood.. I was by myself as Hyun Gi had her chemistry hagwan, so what did I do to brighten my spirits? Go shopping, of course! Haha, I spent a few hours in the Lotte World mall, and it was really fun!
I met Ajuma on my way home (she was just coming back from golf practice...) and we had a nice LITTLE conversation! I was proud of myself, as I really rely on my Cotter friends to act as translators or serious language helpers when speaking with the 부모님 (parents). We talked about simple things, but I was proud nonetheless!
I had lunch with Ajuma and then she left to meet Hyun Gi to go shopping, so I was home alone until Oppa came home. He's a really nice guy, and his English is rapidly improving! We chatted a little, he speaking to me in broken English and me replying in very broken Korean, and then relaxed until HG and Ajuma came home.
I was supposed to meet one of the guys I worked with this summer for dinner, but our plans fell through, so I was looking at a lonely (oh, the drama! haha!) night, as HG was meeting a friend. However, Oppa so graciously took me under his wing and took me with him to his golf practice. Golf here is super super popular (Ajuma, Adoshi, and Oppa are planning to go tomorrow if it doesn't rain..), but space to practice is very very limited. There are buildings (or roofs) with huge green nets all around Seoul. Inside these nets are golf putting stations. Really cool. I'll post a picture later, but tonight I'm kind of lazy...!
When I got home it was about nine, so Oppa and I had dinner. I was surprised to find Adoshi home. Usually he either comes home around eleven or I don't see him at all. This week, though, he's been home for dinner three times, seriously a big deal! We went on a walk together around the Lotte lakes. So pretty much I had quality bonding time with the Yun family! So nice!
Tomorrow is another fun day in Seoul.
I am a lucky girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment