
Today was my last day in Seoul. Really really sad. I have so many emotions going on right now-
What I Won't Miss About Korea-
Tofu
The subway when it is hot and crowded
Ajumas and Harmonies shoving me whenever they want
Always being a guest- I am treated so well here and with so much hospitality, but I miss just living and not always being treated specially just because I am a guest. And it's hard because as soon as I get past this, it seems like it's always time to leave....
Not understanding conversations, especially with my friends! Since I am in Korea, I don't say anything when my friends speak Korean in front of me. However, it is hard to be out somewhere and have absolutely nothing to say, or not know what's going on. I have so much empathy for anyone trying to learn English living in the US.
Summer in the city. It's too hot here and nowhere to escape!
Elevators! I hate having to wait for them! HG's apartment is on the seventh floor, and I swear, it always seems to take the longest possible time to finally get to us!
Riding the bus when I have to stand
Not being able to speak Korean.
The noises Koreans make when they brush their teeth! haha!
Umbrellas
What I Will Miss
My friends. So much.
My friend's families.
The big city.
The subway!
The bus!
Speaking Korean
Bowing and saying "anyoung-hasseo" to people older than me
Sitting on the floor, shoes off at restaurants
The freedom
The amazing kindness and hospitality the people of Seoul have given me
The food- kind of. Seriously tasty, though! Spicy=all food!
The cool fashion
How healthy the food is
Chopsticks! They are so fun!!
Eating fruit every night
Things that I can't even really describe on paper, like the feeling I have when I'm here... So amazing!
Reflecting on my time here, I know that I couldn't have possibly had a more amazing experience. I was talking with my parents last night, and they made the comment that I couldn't have had as wonderful of a trip with a travel agent. My friends and their families opened their doors to me, a stranger, and made me feel so comfortable and at ease. I can't even express how grateful I am to them and to their amazing hospitality. My friends were seriously angels to me- I love them all so much!
I'm trying not to say, "Oh, I'm so sad to leave...", which I am. Really really sad! What I want to say instead is how happy I am that I came. This has been an experience I will absolutely never ever forget and one that I am so grateful I was able to have.
Goodnight, Seoul

No comments:
Post a Comment