Probably the best and worst thing I did in planning my trip to Seoul was stay with three different people who live in three completely different areas of Seoul. What I really mean is that it WAS the best thing I did, but it's just so hard when I have to leave! I move to Hyun Gi's house tomorrow, which will be so fun! Her parents are really into hiking, so I'm hoping to go with them soon! Hyun Gi is one of the sweetest people I know, so it will just be smooth sailing the whole way.
HOWEVER, I think I am a little extra sad because of a few things:
I just finished work.
I really like Ji Young's fam.
I LOVE Ji Young.
I realized that the next time I pack my suitcase it will be to come home.
Wow. It is really just hitting me how much I love being in this city. I can't even imagine spending my summer any other way, and it seems really strange that I will have to go back! But, I still have a considerable amount of time left, so I really shouldn't jump too far ahead of myself...
Today Ji Young and I visited one of several palaces in Seoul, this one being entitled, Deok Su Gung Palace. It was really awesome that in a city of ten million, I could step inside the gates of an ancient palace and watch history unfold before my eyes! One thing that struck me about the palace was it's interior simplicity. While each of the many buildings were very ornately decorated, they were very simple on the inside. Much different from the ornate palaces of European countries.
Next we hit up a huge book store, which is always fun! (Yay, books!)
Lunch was waffles with ice cream (Haagen Daz vanilla and green tea), fruit, and whipped cream. So good!

Later the whole fam went out to the "Mad for Garlic" restaurant. So good! As you might guess, each of the dishes are very garlic-centered. One of our dishes, a spaghetti/tomato sauce dish, was absolutely incredible. Not only was I stoked about TOMATO SAUCE (my first taste since arriving in Seoul!), but it was spicy. Not kind of sort of notice it spicy, but SPICY! At home, when I make pretty much anything I dump a ton of Cayenne pepper into it before eating. The dish I had tonight did not disappoint!
Following dinner, our plan was to ride a ferry down the Han river and then go to the Seoul Tower (think Eiffel Tower) observatory, but it was getting late and we decided to skip the ferry and hit up the tower. By the time we get to the Seoul tower, the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Literally every weekend I have been at Ji Young's house it has been really rainy, which is a bummer. By the time we made it to the observatory, it was really really foggy, so foggy we had trouble seeing anything outside our window! Fortunately, the wind picked up enough to allow us a glimpse of lovely Seoul every once in a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment