
I'm a little sad. Tonight is my last night in the Yim house, and I've really had an amazing time! Their family has literally adopted me as one of their own (Omma frequently refers to me as her third daughter) and has been so kind to me I have no idea how I can ever thank them! However, the good news is I can still see them, and now I get to have an entirely new (and I'm sure equally amazing) experience with Ji Young. I'm a lucky girl!
Other good news: Ji Won's boot is finally off! Yay! We also did some really cool things today.
First, we visited Adoshi's brother who gave a demonstration for us of a product he sells. Basically, we all sat down in chairs that had volts of electricity running through them, thereby running through us. It was really weird- I could feel it flowing through my fingers/arms, legs, and sinuses! Supposedly it helps to rid your body of toxins and increases blood flow. Afterwards we all felt a little dizzy and tired, but that's a normal side effect. Apparently the electricity creates a lot of movement inside your body, so it's kind of like your body is exercising on the inside! We also visited Adoshi's brother's wife at her boutique. Very kind!

We made another stop at a historical Korean exhibit, this time a traditional Korean village. This was really cool because it showed not only the temples and traditional architecture, but also was able to show how everyday commoners lived. It was really large with a wide spectrum of buildings to see. Really cool!
We also saw a REAL traditonal Korean wedding. It was crowded, so the picture isn't great, but it was really fascinating!
We also saw a REAL traditonal Korean wedding. It was crowded, so the picture isn't great, but it was really fascinating!I had completely forgotten this, but Senora reminded me that today is the first day of summer! Yay, summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment