Monday, June 16, 2008

Manic Monday!

Today was my first day of work, and it was pretty good! I am working part time for one month at an SAT prep hagwan in Mok-Dong (where Ji Young aka Jocelyn lives) as a TA. My duties today: Totaling the scores of about five papers and documenting them in the grade book, watching someone run the Korean-only copy machine, passing out class schedules and student contracts to the hagwan students, and proctoring a two hour test to four students- All I did was sit there and read "Into Thin Air" by Joh Krakauer for two hours- then grade the tests I proctored. Tomorrow is going to be a lot busier, I guess, though. We'll see!
Ji Young finally flew into Seoul tonight, and Ji Won and I got to talk to her! Ji Young is working in the mornings at the same hagwan as I am, so I will get to see her in the morning! Also today, Hyun Gi met Ji Won and Jisu and I for lunch after my Korean language class. It was so fun to see everyone! Hyun Gi then took me to Mok-Dong and showed me my route to get to work, which was so nice of her! The only bad thing is that it seriously takes at LEAST an hour and a half to get from Mok-Dong (work) to Ya-Tap (home). I left the house this morning at 8 am and came back at 8:45 pm! But it's a lot of fun being in the city, so no complaints!


Also, BIG BIG BIG NEWS! Ji Won had told me earlier that Hyun Gi had gotten tickets for some of us to go to a jazz concert Wednesday, which I thought was pretty cool, but not as amazing as this... It turns out the tickets are for BLUE MAN GROUP! If you don't know what Blue Man Group is, its the group of guys that paints themselves blue and plays percussion instruments while super colorful paint flies everywhere and the lights are crazy and I am SOOOOOOO excited! Yay!!!!!!
Funny random picture of Adoshi in Ji Won's wheelchair in Kyung Ju! Just thought I'd throw this in here...!

No comments: