Thursday, June 26, 2008

Out and About


My time thus far at Ji Young's has been full of motion and energy! We are at the house pretty much only to sleep, between school, work, and night fun! Monday we met up with Amy, Ben, and Andrew, kids from Cotter, at a green-tea restaurant for....tea! Really fun! Then yesterday, Ji Young and I went on a massive walk along the
Han River, a huge river that literally divides Seoul in half. Ji Young's house is really near by, so we had a lot of fun just walking and seeing the beautiful skyline. Tonight we were able to meet Eun Chun and Kate, a friend from Cotter who is in Korea for about ten days. Really fun! I was late coming off of work (as always.... I am always there until at LEAST seven-thirty) and were REALLY late in meeting Kate and Eun Chun because we took a bus. For dinner we had two soups: One really spicy and one not spicy (Or so we thought.... Kate seemed to think otherwise! She is really sensitive to spicy foods.....) with chicken and vegetables and noodles. SOOO good! And, the best part of all was we went for COLD STONE! I walk by a Cold stone every day in Kang-Nam and every day it tempts me more and more! SOOO good! However, portions are definitely smaller in Korea.

Anyway, to sum up the last few days, FUN!

Also, work is really good, too. The work itself is pretty boring, but Tae and Kee Hoon, the other TAs I work with, are really really nice. Also I'm getting to be kind of friends with some of the high school SAT kids, too. One kid had even heard of Cotter because of how many Koreans go to school there! Small world!







Haha! Ji Young evil-eyeing the camera at Coldstone! Yay, Kate!!! So happy you are here!!!

No comments: